RH294 - Red Hat System Administration III
Red Hat System Administration III: Linux Automation (RH294) is designed for Linux system administrators and developers who need to automate provisioning, configuration, application deployment, and orchestration. You will learn how to install and configure Ansible ® on a management workstation; prepare managed hosts for automation; write Ansible Playbooks to automate tasks; and run playbooks to ensure servers are correctly deployed and configured.
IMPACT ON THE ORGANIZATION
IT automation is key to managing large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently at scale. This course develops the skills needed to efficiently operate and more easily scale the organization's dynamic IT infrastructure, accelerate application time
to value, and rapidly adapt and implement needed innovation through DevOps practices.
IMPACT ON THE INDIVIDUAL
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to use Ansible for the purpose of automation, configuration, and management.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
● Install and configure Ansible or Red Hat Ansible Engine on a control node.
● Create and manage inventories of managed hosts, as well as prepare them for Ansible automation.
● Run individual ad hoc automation tasks from the command line.
● Write Ansible Playbooks to consistently automate multiple tasks and apply them to managed hosts.
● Parameterize playbooks using variables and facts, and protect sensitive data with Ansible Vault.
● Write and reuse existing Ansible roles to simplify playbook creation and reuse code.
● Automate common Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration tasks using Ansible.
This course is based on Red Hat ® Enterprise Linux ® 8 and Red Hat ® Ansible ® Engine 2.8.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the
underlying job evolves.
Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat Ansible Engine.
Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
Write a simple Ansible Playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple managed hosts.
Manage variables and facts
Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
Implement task control
Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible Playbooks.
Deploy files to managed hosts
Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
Manage large projects
Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
Simplify playbooks with roles
Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
Automate Linux administration tasks
Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.